- They must be kept at home. They must be looked after.
Ans: They must not only be kept at home but also be looked after.
- Its utility is steadily declining and soil quality is deteriorating.(Rewrite using not only…….but also)Ans: Not only its quality is steadily declining but also the soil quality is deteriorating.
- We have Laxmi. We have Durga. (Join using’ as well as’)
Ans: We have Laxmi as well as Durga.
- You and I are fortunate to see this. (Rewrite using ‘both’)
Ans: Both you and I are fortunate to see this.
- There are trained pilots. There are boats. (Rewrite using ‘as well as’)
Ans : There are trained piolts as well as boats.
- The nation has need of their powers and attainments.
Ans : The nation has need not only of their powers but also attainments.
- Besides being a tailor, she is also a dress designer.
Ans : She is not only a tailor but also a dress designer.
- They love its cities. They love its villages.
(Combine the sentence using ‘both…….and’)
Ans: They love both its cities and villages.
- She was emotional and strong willed.
Ans: She was not only emotional but also strong willed.
- It was indeed a challenging job for her and her followers.
Ans: It was indeed a challenging job not only for her but also for her followers.
- Besides the muscles, the nerves are also affected
Ans:Not only muscles but the nerves are also affected.
- They turn me soil again and again and keep it soft.
Ans: They not only turn the soil again and again but also keep it soft.
- They are powerful and mean, (use not only…but also)
Ans: They are not only powerful but also mean.
- They are teaching us new facts about me sun and die stars. (Rewrite using Not only…..but also)
Ans: They are teaching us new facts not only about the sun but also about the stars.
- That is very broad and multidimensional. (Use Not only…..but also)
Ans : That is not only very broad but also multidimensional.
- I used to go into die villages. I used to watch people comings back.
(Combine using ‘not only……but also’)
Ans: I used not only to go into me villages but also to watch people coming back.
- We work in the sun and in the light.
(Rewrite the sentence using Not only….but also)
Ans: We work not only in the sun but also in the light.
- The farmer is honest and generous. (Not only… but also)
Ans: The farmer is not only honest but also generous.
- Tom was rewarded by the principal as well as by die police.
(Rewrite using Not only….but also)
Ans: Tom was rewarded not only by the principal but also by die police.
- Jane experienced die strain of running a home and maintaining her own career.
(Use Not only….but also)
Ans: Jane experienced die strain not only of running a home but also of maintaining her own career.
- The distance shrunk, the geographical boundaries disappeared.
(Rewrite using ‘Not only…..but also)
Ans: Not only me distances shrunk but also the geographical boundaries disappeared.
- History becomes stirring and epoch-making. (Rewrite using Not only….. but also)
Ans: History becomes not only stirring but also epoch -making.
- He receives a letter. He receives a telegram. (Combine using Not only….. but also)
Ans : He receives not only a letter but also a telegram.
- Neither the instructors nor the students have any time.
(Rewrite the sentence beginning with Both….)
Ans: Both the instructors and the students have no time.
- It identifies me changes in institutions and policies.
(Rewrite sentence using Not only…..but also)
|Ans : It identifies the changes not only in institutions but also in policies.
English Worksheet -USE OF NOT ONLY… BUT ALSO/AS WELL AS/BOTH…AND /BESIDES
Not only but also should be used for two different things without changing the meaning
(Visited 1,270 times, 4 visits today)